Global Missions Month
February is Global Missions Month. This is a time of year when we focus on the work of Redeemer’s Global Missions Team (GMT). The GMT exists as an outgrowth of Redeemer’s gospel-centered missional identity. We facilitate international missions (in the U.S. and globally) and encourage a global missions movement within the church by education, communication, and international participation.
We cannot fulfill our mission without the generous support of the Redeemer congregation. We receive money in Redeemer’s budget, so if you give to Redeemer, a portion of your tithe goes toward the work of the GMT. However, this money is not enough to cover all the work we feel called to accomplish.
Below is a breakdown of what we would like to accomplish and how much it would cost.
2017 GMT Budget
- Monthly Partner Support (13 partners), $24,000
- Grants (These help fund Redeemer member involvement in projects and activities that are aligned with the GMT’s values and mission), $8,000
- Help fund 1-2 short term trips for the Redeemer congregation, $10,000
- Provide tangible care for partners (This includes items like one-time gifts for acute needs, discipleship training, and events when they are in Indy.) $1,500
- Missions Month Expenses, $2,000
TOTAL Budget: $45,500
- Amount received from Redeemer’s General Budget: $25,000
- Amount still needed to fully fund the ministry: $20,500
As you consider how you can give above and beyond your tithe, we ask you to consider giving toward the work of the GMT. You can always give by writing “Missions” on the memo of your check or by giving directly to the Missions Fund here. There will also be a special offering on Sunday, February 26th at the end of both services.