Church Planting + Mortgage Town Hall Overview
We hope you were able to be a part of our town hall Sunday. We had great conversations about our vision for starting gospel communities in Indy and how to make that happen.
Most important is for each of us to consider how we can personally own this vision and be a part of what God might do to change lives in our city through our giving, our prayer, maybe eventually our going to be part of a new church. Here are some highlights from Sunday’sconversation (each question links to the relevant audio):
- What do we mean by church planting?
- How has this church plant (Redeemer) affected our neighborhood and city?
- What does the mortgage have to do with starting new communities?
- Do we have a location in mind?
- How will we approach moving into diverse neighborhoods, and how will we know if we are ready?
- Would we have a multi-ethnic team for a multi-ethnic neighborhood?
- What skill sets are needed for a core team?
- Would one of our current pastors be considered for future churches?
- Would we be open to infusing existing communities instead of planting new ones?
- Would we plant globally or in unreached areas?
- Should we get our organizational issues in order before we move forward?
- How are we coordinating with other churches, our presbytery, and our denomination?
- Where are we with mortgage and finances?
- How much does it cost to plant a church?
- Would we want to pay off the mortgage even if we weren't planning to plant communities?
- Will all the money raised go toward the mortgage even if we don’t reach our goal?
- What financial resources do we have to help people who want to give but are not sure if they can?
- What do we hope will come from this conversation?
Over the next few months, we as elders will visit community groups to talk about Redeemer’s heart for engaging Indy with the gospel through new churches. We’re looking forward to wrestling together with how we can all own this vision. If you want to talk one-to-one before then (or aren’t in a community group), let us know so we can arrange how to connect.
Thanks for stepping into this vision with us.
On behalf of the session