It's Time for Spring Classes!
This Sunday, January 21, is the official launch day for our Spring 2018 classes! Christian Teaching and Training (CT&T) classes are a place for you to go deeper into God’s word as a community guided by trained leaders who want to help make sense of the Bible and see it applied to all areas of life. CT&T classes will not only make you think, but impact your heart and life lived out as well.
Below, find the list of classes offered for kiddos through adults, a brief description of the content, and where the class is located. **Note: The Romans class from last semester has moved locations, and will now meet in the Speck Gallery.
Classes meet between first and second services from 10-10:50am, and there will be signs and people posted to help you find your room.
- Everyday Gospel – Busyness. Craft beer. Smartphones. HGTV’s Fixer Upper. Piano lessons and soccer practice. The stuff of everyday life. What does the gospel have to do with all that? This class will help us have a better story for interpreting everyday life and then living out our role in the story. We’ll unpack God’s big story and our story in it and apply that to all sorts of practical topics. Prepare to be liberated and challenged as we believe in the everyday gospel together. This class is led by Charles and Erin Anderson, and meets in the Underground Gallery.
- Creative Class – This class is a place for creative souls to gather for prayer, encouragement, and exploration of how the gospel impacts an artist’s life. The class is designed so that people can drop in and out as their schedule allows. Kyle Ragsdale will lead this class in his studio.
- Romans – This class will dive into the longest and most systematic of the apostle Paul’s letters. Themes will include how the gospel is God’s power for salvation, receiving righteousness through faith, justification from sin, living out one’s belief in Jesus as a sacrifice to God, and more. This class meets in the Speck Gallery and is led by Dan Barber.
Questions: Jamie MacGregor [firstname.lastname@example.org].
- 3-year-olds – meet in room 160A (Children’s Worship room)
- 4/5-year-olds – meet in room 160B (adjacent to the Children’s Worship room).
- K-3rd grades – class starts in room 203 and will split into small groups mid-hour.
- K-1st grade – will be picked up from 203
- 2nd-3rd grade – will be picked up from 205
- 4th-5th grades – meet in the study (201).
- Middle School – meet in the youth room (204).
- High School – meets in New Hope Counseling offices (207).
- College Years (Fall & Spring) – This class, offered to those 18-22 years old, will discuss theological / spiritual challenges to the Christian faith that we often face from friends, co-workers, or instructors. Even if you can’t make it every week, you are very welcome. Class location is room 141 and is led by Sean and Jonna Kelley.
Questions: Todd Dawkins [email@example.com].